Bootae posted an article a while back on five positives about WAR (though he had plenty more than just five). A few others have posted their thoughts as well and I thought I’d like to keep this positiveness going.
1) Casual friendly. I consider myself a casual player, though I’ve been known at times to play for hours on end. Casual to me means logging in on my time schedule and not a specific time or day. So when I say WAR is casual friendly, I’m talking about how I was able to level to max rank without the need to rush through it. WAR provides you with every opportunity to level. Whether by questing or killing enemy players. A combination to keep you interested and make it feel less like a grind. And who wants to grind when you might only have 30 minutes to play? Bring on the excitement (and help me level while I do it)! And just this week I logged on for maybe 45 minutes, played a few scenarios, and happened to get my hands on a pair of Conqueror Slippers. Yes!
2) Variety. The fact that Mythic created mirror classes between the factions instead of exact copies makes me happy. Playing an Archmage may be similar to playing a Shaman, but only similar. When I play my Shaman I’m not at all thinking about my mirror. I’m enjoying the feel of a Gobbo. I’m loving the funny little quirks that comes with the Greenskin territory. I’m 100% playing a different character. Not just another name with the same spells and actions.
3) Survivability. It doesn’t feel like it at times, but it is possible to survive in RvR (except for those pesky Witch Elves). With knockback abilities, a silence ability, and a couple of detaunts (just to list a few), I’ve got a fighting chance. Good groups and quick assistance are key, yes, but having abilities to protect myself while still specced for healing makes me sing with glee.
4) Tome of Knowledge. An all access pass into your character’s journey through the game. Achievements, current quests, titles, and more. It’s the one stop shop for almost anything you need to remember or find out about your character. Love it!
5) Mythic involvement. Though it’s been a little quiet in this area, it’s hard to forget the surprise packages and presents Mythic sent out to the community. I can only hope this continues throughout the life of the game. Excitement is contagious and what better way to stir up a little fun than to send mail to those who enjoy their game? I believe this goes a long way in bringing people closer to the game.
So there you have it. Just some positive thoughts during a time of doom and gloom that’s been floating around lately.