Man, time flies! Another week already over and now both Saturday and Sunday have somehow disappeared!
Blade & Soul
- After some deliberating I’ve finally settled on Blade Master for my main character. I’ve gotten to the point where I’m learning more moves and combos for combat but it still feels very smooth. Trying to remember all them is going to be interesting. At least I can look them up in my skill book. It’s amazing how combos and blocking actually make a difference in mitigating damage. I also didn’t understand how important that was until my ping went sky-high and I was missing combos and blocks so much I almost died.
- Speaking of combat, I finally unlocked the skill tree and can now start customizing how I play my character. Super exciting!
- One of my complaints is the inventory system. I understand that it’s a free-to-play game and they put restrictions on you in order to make money but I think the starting slots are extremely limited. I think just expanding it by one more row would be a good balance between the free players and those that want to drop some dollars in the cash shop.
- I’m slowly making more progress on my home and I’ve got a new pet!
- I’ve been pleasantly surprised by two bosses now and I love that I get a statue for defeating them to add to my house.
- I am very much enjoying this game and can’t wait to see what else is in store!
- We’ve moved from our semi-temporary base that was more about function to a more scenic location. I was given a space to call my own and have mostly designed it how I want. The only thing missing is actual furniture.
Star Wars: The Old Republic
- I was chatting with a friend who said they’d recently gotten back into SWTOR just to play through all the stories. We talked about how good the story was in this game and it made me realized how much I wanted to see each class’ story. So I started up a brand new Jedi Knight!
- Little did I know that rolling a character on a separate server from my original one is that the Legacy wouldn’t follow. Nor will the completed story for my Imperial Agent count towards the new server’s story achievements. That’s a bit of a bummer. If I end up sticking with the game to complete every story, I might look into paying for a server transfer.
- Sadly though, it really feels empty in this game. I barely see anyone in chat, or out in the world. Maybe it’s just because I’m not a higher level and people are hanging out elsewhere? I’d like to think that, but I doubt that’s the case.
- I’ve chosen to go down the Guardian path of Jedi Knight and I’m having a blast. The moves my character makes in combat make me look so awesome! There was even a moment in the story where I punched a dude out and I actually shouted at my monitor that I was a badass … it was a great moment.
- Quite a bit of time has passed since I last played and I’m getting thrown a lot of information on all the things they added. There’s a good number of them and it’s almost a bit overwhelming. I’m going to have to set aside some time to read up on all the new systems.
- Every month I faithfully play a bit of Hearthstone in order to make sure I’m rank 20 for that sweet sweet cardback. This time rank 20 was accomplished with an aggro Shaman deck that, when all the pieces come together, I can easily beat my opponent by turn 4. Which is nuts!
- I also completed the most recent solo adventure, League of Explorers. Blizzard does an excellent job providing really interesting battles and I had a lot of fun throughout the whole campaign.
- There was also a small amount of time spent in this week’s Tavern Brawl. Gotta get those packs!
As January comes to a close I also want to briefly mention one of the games I played that didn’t make it into a blog post, as I’m writing this after I’ve made my list for the week.
The Witness. What a delightful game. In the beginning, I didn’t really like it as much as I was told I would. I was constantly comparing it to The Talos Principle, and it wasn’t winning. As the game went on however, I found myself on a little bit of a high every time I completed a puzzle and unlocked something new. The game became solely about the puzzles and I stopped thinking about anything else. Fantastic. Wonderful. I highly recommend it if you enjoy puzzle/adventure games!
See you next Saturday!